Pension Day 2024
Netspar is pleased to announce the next Netspar Pension Day, which will take place on Thursday, October 10, 2024 in the ‘Jaarbeurs’ building in Utrecht, next to Utrecht central railway station. We invite contributions from all areas of Netspar’s 2023-2027 Knowledge Agenda. Topics of interest related to pensions, aging, and retirement include, but are not limited to:
- Well-being and welfare of older age groups
- Savings and insurance
- Inequality and poverty
- Optimal (sustainable) investments for pension funds
- Measurement/management of investment risks (e.g., inflation, interest, climate)
- Communication surrounding retirement and old age
- Household decision-making related to pensions and retirement
- Financial advice, fintech, privacy, ethical considerations
- Labor market participation/performance of older age groups
- Housing and healthcare of the elderly
- Institutions, governance, and solidarity
- Issues surrounding the transition to the new Dutch pension system
We invite researchers to submit their paper (or extended abstract) by Friday, August 9, 2024 at the latest. Please fill in the register tab, if you choose “submitter” you can upload your paper.
Not only senior researchers, but particularly also junior researchers are very welcome to submit their work. We will try to find appropriate discussants for all accepted papers, which means that you will be requested to send us a full paper by Friday, August 9, 2024, giving your discussant enough time to prepare.
The feedback on previous Netspar Pension Days has shown that the comments of discussants are very valuable to presenters, so we would highly appreciate if you could indicate your willingness to act as a discussant (even if you do not submit a paper).
Just like last year, the winners of the Netspar Thesis Awards will be announced during the Pension Day. You can submit a Thesis via this link.