NETSPAR THEME GRANTS 2019
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
DEADLINE FOR DRAFT PROPOSALS APRIL 16, 2019, 12h00 CET
Netspar supports innovative academic research on all aspects of the social sciences related to aging and retirement. As part of these efforts, Netspar offers Theme Grants for up to 50% of a project’s budget for three years, with a maximum of k€ 250 per project. This year, Netspar has k€750 to allocate.
All proposals should be relevant for the Netspar research agenda 2019-2023 and the 2019-2023 Netspar Action Plan. Netspar encompasses a large variety of academic disciplines ranging e.g. from economics to law, sociology, psychology, communication science and data science. Research proposals from all relevant disciplines that contribute to the Netspar research agenda are encouraged.
- Funding for a maximum of 50% of the project budget for three years (Netspar funding is k€ 250).
- The project team consists of several academics, plus staff members from an industry partner.
- Project team members are available during the course of the project to present research results at Netspar events.
- Project team members are expected to participate in task forces meetings when writing industry-oriented Netspar publications.
- The project leader is responsible for the project in terms of content and finances. The project leader also serves as the first point of contact for project monitoring.
- Proposals must link up with the Netspar research agenda.
- The application must be submitted by a Dutch university or knowledge institute that will be responsible for the administration if the grant is awarded. The proposed project leader must be employed by this Dutch university or knowledge institute.
- At least 10% of the budget provided by Netspar (in €) must be supplied by one or more academics associated with a foreign university.
- At least 50% of the total cost of the project should be offered as matching in cash or in kind. Please explain any deviation.
- Active participation in the Netspar Match Making event (March 19, 2019) is recommended when submitting a proposal.
Proposals for a Theme Grant must contain the following documents:
- Completed Application Form
- Annex I: Detailed Description of the Proposal
- Annex II: Budget Plan, in accordance with the prescribed format
- Annex III: Output Commitments, in accordance with the prescribed format
- Annex IV: CVs of the applicant and all project members (converted into a single pdf-file)
Only applications in accordance with the Netspar format will be accepted for the selection procedure.
There is one selection round each year.
- Applications are evaluated for academic quality by the Scientific Council. In this evaluation round at least three members of the Scientific Council will judge and grade the academic quality of the proposals. Proposals have to get an average of 3.5 points (out of 5) in order to continue on to the next evaluation round.
- Applications with sufficient academic quality are submitted to the Partner Research Council, which makes recommendations to the Netspar Board of Directors.
- Grants are awarded by the Netspar Board of Directors.
Timetable for 2019
|March 19||Match Making Event|
|April 16||Deadline for draft version of application (Completed Application Form and Annexes I, III, and IV).|
|April 20 – May 8||Feedback meeting with the Scientific Director of Netspar or program coordinator(s)|
|May 20||Deadline for submitting draft of the Budget Plan (Annex II)|
|June 24||Deadline for submitting final version (including all documents)|
|July 1 – August 5||Evaluation by Netspar’s Scientific Council|
|August 19||Deadline for applicant responses to comments made by Netspar’s Scientific Council|
|September 19||Recommendation by Netspar’s Partner Research Council|
|October 1||Formal decision by Netspar Board|
|November||Administrative kick-off meeting|
|January 2020||Start of project|
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for Netspar Theme Project’ in the subject line.
For questions, please contact Netspar: Silvie van Halder +31(0)134663793, email@example.com