CALL for submissions 2021 – CLOSED –
Netspar awards three prizes of € 3,000 each for outstanding theses related to (the financing of) retirement and aging, in the following categories:
- Master/Research Master Thesis;
- PhD thesis (dissertation);
- Final assignment Netspar TIAS Academy.
Students themselves and/or graduation supervisors, also from the sector, can submit nominations for the thesis awards. The Netspar Editorial Board will select the prize winners. The winners will be announced during the International Pension Workshop in January 2022.
More information about Thesis Awards
Importance of aging issues
By the year 2050, nearly 35% of the European population will be aged 60 or over. The aging population raises numerous questions. For example:
- How do we ensure a sustainable pension system?
- How do people prepare for their pension, and what is the most effective way to help them make the right choices?
- How should pension funds and insurance companies invest their capital, and how should they deal with risks in the interest of their participants?
- What are the consequences of the rising retirement age for older employees and employment policies?
- What is the relation between pensions and the need for housing and long-term care for the elderly?
To enter the competition and be eligible for these Netspar awards, the following conditions and guidelines are important:
- Students enrolled in any of the educational programs offered by universities worldwide may participate;
- The thesis/dissertation topic should be related to Netspar’s research program;
- The thesis/dissertation can either be based on academic literature or can be written during an internship at one of Netspar’s partners;
- The final version of the thesis/dissertation needs to be submitted to the home university between October 17, 2020 and October 16, 2021.
The criteria to select winners are:
- Academic quality, including the use of literature and methods/techniques;
- Relevance for Netspar’s research program;
- Concise and analytical writing style;
- Originality and presentation.
- The final submission date for nominations is October 17, 2021 at 12.00hrs;
- The Netspar Editorial Board will select the winners;
- The nominees will be informed by e-mail in December 2021;
- The awards will be presented at the Netspar International Pension Workshop in January 2022.
For any remaining questions, please contact Netspar
You can find our former Netspar Thesis Winners here.