CALL for submissions 2019
Netspar awards three prizes of each € 3,000 for outstanding theses related to the financing of old age and aging, in the following categories:
- Master/Research Master Thesis
- PhD thesis (dissertation)
- Final assignment Netspar TIAS Academy
Nominations for the thesis awards can be submitted by students themselves and/or graduation supervisors, including from the sector. The deadline for delivery is 16 October 2019 at 12.00. The Editorial Board selects the prize winners. The winners will be announced during the International Pension Workshop in January 2020.
The deadline for submission has passed.
More information about Thesis Awards
Importance of aging issues
By the year 2050, nearly 35% of the European population will be aged 60 and over. The aging issue raises numerous questions. For example:
- How do we maintain a sustainable pension system? / How do we ensure a sustainable pension system?
- How do people prepare for their pension, and what is the most effective way to help them make the right choices?
- How should pension funds and insurance companies invest their capital, and how should they deal with risks in the interest of their participants and customers?
- What are the consequences of the rising retirement age for older employees and employment policies?
- What is the relationship between pensions and the need for housing and long-term care for the elderly?
To enter the competition and be eligible for these Netspar prizes, the following conditions and guidelines are important:
- Students enrolled in any of the educational programs offered by universities worldwide may participate;
- The thesis/dissertation topic should be related to Netspar’s research program;
- The thesis/dissertation can either be based on academic literature or can be written during an internship at one of Netspar’s partners;
- The thesis/dissertation has to be defended between October 15, 2018 and October 16, 2019.
The criteria to select winners are:
- Academic quality, including the use of literature and methods/techniques;
- Relevance for Netspar’s research program;
- Concise and analytical writing style;
- Originality and presentation.
- The final submission date for nominations is October 16, 2019 at 12.00hrs;
- The Editorial Board of Netspar selects the winners.
- The nominees will be informed by e-mail in December.
- The awards will be presented at the Netspar International Pension Workshop in January 2019.
For any remaining questions, please contact Netspar
You can find our former Netspar Thesis Winners here.