HOUSING, HEALTHCARE, AND RETIREMENT
Retirement is increasingly seen as a central part of the financial planning for the benefit of old age. Thereby people are striking a balance between money now and money later. Housing and Care play an important role there, in their own way. Home ownership is both a stable place to live as a nest egg for old age. Many people worry whether they are able to meet their health care needs in old age. If households with both housing, care and retirement are engaged in financial planning for retirement, an integrated approach can offer advantages.
The topic of the interrelationships between housing, healthcare, and retirement is part of the broader social dialogue concerning the Dutch pension system. Netspar has also made it a top priority in its research agenda. It will mailnly look at the significance of the individual (individual retirement income, customization and choice).
- Summary of Road Map to More Integrated Policies in Housing, Healthcare, and Retirement, Netspar-projectgroup Pensioen, Zorg en Wonen, January 2016
- Verzilveren van overwaarde. De mogelijkheden van het woningbezit in de bekostiging van wonen, zorg en pensioen
Conijn, Johan, Bert Kramer, Jan Rouwendal and Frans Schilder, DP 03/2014-034
- Innovaties in wonen, arbeid, pensioen en de rol van pensioenfondsen, Alfred Slager and Kees Koedijk, NEA Paper 55 – September 2014
- Pensioen, consumptiebehoeften en ouderenzorg, Knoef, Marike, Arjen Hussem, Arjan Soede and Jochem de Bresser
Design Paper 31 – September 2014
- Risicoverevening voor de ouderenzorg, Bakx, Pieter, Eddy van Doorslaer and Erik Schut, Economisch Statistische Berichten, 98(4651), 20-23, January 2013, Project: Health and income, work and care across the life cycle II
- Reactie op: Wonen in je pensioen, Ewijk, Casper van and Marcel Lever, Economisch Statistische Berichten, 97(4647), 662-663, November 2012, Project: Multi-pillar pension schemes and macroeconomic performance
- Naar een dynamische toekomstvoorziening, Lans Bovenberg, Niels Kortleve and Wouter Koelewijn, NEA Paper 40 – May 2011
- Financial Literacy and Preparation for Retirement, Arthur van Soest, Henriëtte Prast, Intereconomics, 51(3), 113–118, May 2016
- Optimal saving and insurance for old age: The role of public long-term care insurance, Eddy van Doorslaer and Erik Schut (EUR), 3-year theme project, start January 2016
- Kwantitatief onderzoek naar uitgaven aan ouderenzorg en ondersteuning (NL), Raun van Ooijen (RUG), Marike Knoef (RUL), Jochem de Bresser (RUG) and Mart van Megen (RUG), kortlopend topicality project, start 2015
For questions related to the Housing, Healhcare and Retirement theme, please contact Michael Visser.