Call for papers: International Pension Workshop 2024
Call for papers
NETSPAR INTERNATIONAL PENSION WORKSHOP, JUNE 19-21, 2024
THE CITY OF LEIDEN (THE NETHERLANDS)
DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION: MARCH 1, 2024
Netspar stimulates innovative academic research in all disciplines within the social sciences related to aging and retirement. Netspar invites contributions from all areas of Netspar’s research program for the Netspar International Pension Workshop, to be held on June 19-21, 2024.
Topics of interest related to aging and retirement include, but are not limited to:
- Well-being and welfare of older age groups
- Savings, insurance
- Optimal (sustainable) investments for pension funds and insurance companies
- Measurement of risk and sustainability preferences
- Communication surrounding retirement and old age
- Household decision-making on retirement, choice architecture, financial planning
- Labor market for older age groups
- Vulnerable groups (e.g., freelancers, migrants, women, financially illiterate people, people incapacitated for work), poverty
- Housing and healthcare of the elderly
- Institutions, governance, legal issues
- Inequality, diversity, solidarity
Date June 19-21, 2024.
Location City Resort Hotel, Leiden (The Netherlands)
(Approximately 15 minutes from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol by train)
The workshop will consist of contributed paper sessions and invited keynote presentations.
PAPER SUBMISSION / REGISTRATION
Researchers are invited to submit a complete paper via the registration form below by March 1, 2024 at the latest. If you are not interested in submitting a paper, but are willing to participate as a discussant, please register via the registration form below. This will be highly appreciated.
The scientific committee assessing the submitted papers consists of:
- Anne Balter (Tilburg University) Profile
- Jochem de Bresser (Tilburg University, Netspar) Profile
- Raymond Montizaan (Maastricht University) Profile
- Mathijs van Dijk (Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netspar) Profile
For all speakers and discussants, we will provide two or three nights of accommodation. For speakers and discussants who need financial support for their travel costs, limited funding is available upon request (provided that participants stay for the entire duration of the conference). For other conference participants, there is a conference fee (this fee will be waived for Netspar fellows and representatives of Netspar partners).
For any questions, please contact the events coordinator of Netspar:
+31 6 46 36 1071