Surviving dependents’ pension
This project will deal with the following research questions:
- What would implementation of the proposals of the Labor Foundation mean for the costs of the surviving dependents’ pension and on what does that depend in particular?
- How expensive, for example, is the continuation of the cover even after a short employment contract?
- How can the new contract be filled in to prevent the large differences in partner’s pension in the event of death shortly before or shortly after retirement?
- How costly is it if the capped basis is abandoned in the cover for the surviving dependents’ pension (surviving dependents’ pension cover on a risk basis, so again over the entire salary, see advice of the Labor Foundation on this)?
- The EM states that continuation of the surviving dependents’ pension coverage on a risk basis from the assets reserved for old-age pension for more than three years leads to an erosion of the old-age pension. For which model persons is this the case to what extent?
- How can the standardization of the surviving dependents’ pension be incorporated into the new contract in case of implementation by pension funds (without reinsurance)? And how with insurers with many different contracts?
- Will the surviving dependents’ pension for young survivors be increased / decreased via the same yield scale as the retirement pension for regular participants, or will the surviving dependents’ pension remain a more or less fixed benefit?
- What are the implications of implementing the proposals of the Labor Foundation if the rules for the first pillar (ANW) are not amended?
- What are the arguments for organizing the new surviving dependents’ pension as a fixed or variable benefit?
- To what extent will there continue to be a need for ANW gap insurance?
- How do we deal with built-up surviving dependents’ pension on a capital basis if later surviving dependents’ pension must be insured on a risk basis? How are accrued surviving dependents’ pension rights incorporated in the transition in a balanced way and how do past adjustments affect this?