The labor market was a central focus of the plenary discussions: Adriaan Kalwij (UU) gave an overview of the effect of policy reforms on workforce participation among older people, based on the findings of an international research project. See also the interview with Courtney Coile who is one of the directors of the NBER International Social Security Project.
The Labor Market and Retirement project group presented its initial findings. And the poster sessions were back by popular demand: these consist of a paper summarized in no more than eight images on a poster, along with a short pitch by the researcher and plenty of time for discussion. Among other topics, the poster sessions were about the differences in pension preferences of employed and self-employed persons and whether these can be explained by working conditions (by Marleen Damman, NIDI). And about the interaction between determinants of payment speed: the high-low construction, lump sum payment, fixed decrease and starting date (Eduard Ponds, APG and TiU).
Through the available presentations, you can have a sneak preview of new research that will be published in the course of this year:
- Co-payments on long-term care in the Netherlands: Distribution, recent evolution and impact on nursing home entry (Marianne Tennand, EUR)
- Genetic health risks explain differences in longevity, insurance coverage and retirement decisions (Richard Karlsson Linnér, VU Amsterdam)
- Interaction between determinants of payment speed: high-low, lump sum, fixed decrease and effective date
For an overview of the other topics of presentations and poster sessions, please click on the Program tab.
Thursday February 13, 2020
12:45 - 13:15
13:15 - 13:45 13:45 - 14:30
Plenaire sessie – Zaal 1
Niels Kortleve (PGGM)
Projectgroep: Arbeidsmarkt & Pensioen
14:30 - 14:45
14:45 - 15:30
Poster sessie – algemene ruimte
- Tunga Kantarci (TiU) To what extent can partial retirement ensure retirement income adequacy?
- Peter de Goeij (TiU), Zihao Liu (TiU) A survey of the use of eye scanner research in communication
- Arjen Hussem (PGGM), Bram Wouterse (EUR) Nederlanders goed beschermd tegen risico’s ouderenzorg
- Marleen Damman (RU Nijmegen) Differences in Retirement Preferences between the Solo Self-employed and Employees: Do Job Characteristics Play an Explanatory Role? – Poster
- Eduard Ponds (APG) Interactie tussen determinanten uitkeringssnelheid: Hoog‐laag constructie, lumpsum uitkering, vaste daling en ingangsdatum – Poster
15:30 - 16:30
Sara Rellstab (EUR)
The Dutch long-term care reform: trends in home care use – Abstract
Mauro Mastrogiacomo (DNB)
Pre-pension savings out of housing wealth: a comparative study of Italy and the Netherlands – Presentation
16:30 - 17:00