Theme conference ‘Work, health and retirement’
On June 22 two large Netspar projects organize a conference together in The Hague about Work, Health and Retirement. Researchers will present results from the following two projects:
- “Work and disability in old age: restrictions & incentives”
- “Health and labor market uncertainty over the lifecycle: The impact on households’ risk capacity and retirement income adequacy”
During the event, affiliated researchers will present their latest research on how health issues influence labor market decisions and outcomes for different age and income groups and how work and health affect inequality in post-retirement well-being. In addition, the impact of financial incentives and retirement reforms on retirement behavior and work disability will be discussed. Finally, the implications of uncertainty in labor market outcomes for the optimal investment risk of pension funds for different age and income groups will be presented. This is essential for the pension practice as the new Dutch pension system requires pension providers to determine an appropriate investment risk profile for different groups of participants.
- Rob Alessie (RUG): Risk capacity measurement using Dutch microdata
- Gonzalo Paz-Pardo (ECB): Richer earnings dynamics, consumption and portfolio choice over the life cycle
- Raun van Ooijen, Sandra Brouwer (RUG, UMCG): Prolonging working life and its impact on work disability across socioeconomic groups
- Franca Glenzer (HEC Montreal), Pierre-Carl Michaud (HEC Montreal), Stefan Staubli (U Calgary): Frames, Incentives and Information: Effectiveness of Interventions to Delay Public Pension Claiming
- Jan-Maarten van Sonsbeek (CPB): DI reform in the Netherlands: history and future
- Daniël van Vuuren (TiU, SEO): Changes in retirement behavior after the rise in the state pension (AOW) age
You can register below.
We look forward to meet you on June 22!
Wednesday June 22, 2022
09:30 - 16:00 09:30h Coffee and tea 10:00h Welcome by Arthur van Soest en Raun van Ooijen 10:15h Risk capacity measurement using Dutch microdata Rob Alessie 11:00h Richer earnings dynamics, consumption and portfolio choice over the life cycle Gonzalo Paz-Pardo 11:45h Break 12:00h Prolonging working life and its impact on work disability across socioeconomic groups Raun van Ooijen en Sandra Brouwer 12:45h Lunch 13:30h Frames, Incentives and Information: Effectiveness of Interventions to Delay Public Pension Claiming Pierre-Carl Michaud 14:15h DI reform in the Netherlands: history and future Jan-Maarten van Sonsbeek 15:00h Break 15:15h Changes in retirement behavior after the rise in the state pension (AOW) age Daniel van Vuuren 16:00h Closing