Pension Day 2022
This year’s Netspar Pension Day will take place on Thursday 13 October, 2022. During this event, senior and junior researchers will present their most recent research insights in the area of pensions, aging and retirement. The aim of the Pension Day is to exchange and discuss the latest scientific research results and their implications.
As such, the Pension Day is primarily an academic event, but of course (employees of) Netspar partners are also welcome to join the discussion. The programme is still under preparation. Updates can be found on this event page.
CALL FOR PAPERS
NETSPAR PENSION DAY, OCTOBER 13, 2022
in the city of Utrecht (The Netherlands)
DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION: AUGUST 26, 2022
Building on the success of previous years’ events, the next Netspar Pension Day will take place on Thursday, October 13, 2022 in the ‘Jaarbeurs’ building in Utrecht, the perfect location next to Utrecht central railway station.
Topics of interest related to aging and retirement include, but are not limited to:
- Well-being and welfare of older age groups
- Savings and insurance
- Inequality and poverty
- Optimal (sustainable) investments for pension funds
- Measurement/management of investment risks (e.g., inflation, interest, climate)
- Communication surrounding retirement and old age
- Household decision-making related to pensions and retirement
- Financial advice, fintech, privacy, ethical considerations
- Labor market participation/performance of older age groups
- Housing and healthcare of the elderly
- Institutions, governance, and solidarity
- Issues surrounding the transition to the new Dutch pension system
All Netspar researchers are invited to submit their paper or extended abstract by Friday, August 26, 2022 at the latest. Not only senior researchers, but particularly also junior researchers are very welcome to submit their work. We will try to find appropriate discussants for all accepted papers, which means that you will need to send us a full paper by Thursday, September 29, giving your discussant enough time to prepare the discussion.
The feedback on previous Pension Days has shown that the comments of formal discussants are very much appreciated, so we hope you are (also) willing to act as a discussant.
If you are not interested in submitting a paper, but are willing to participate as a discussant, please also let us know as this will be highly appreciated. You can register below for the workshop.
For any questions, please contact the events coordinator of Netspar:
+31 13 466 37 54