In 2012, the network was organized as a foundation. Activities at Netspar are carried out by the Netspar Center, an operating unit of Tilburg University.
All of the network partners (from the pension industry, government, and academic institutions) have a seat on the Foundation Board. Each partner gets a vote. The Dutch Ministry of Social Affairs acts as an observer on the Foundation Board (without a vote).
The Foundation Board appoints seven of the members of the Supervisory Board and advises and monitors various divisions of the Netspar Foundation. Starting in 2016, the Supervisory Board will ask the advice of the Foundation Board before approving the budget.
The chair of the Supervisory Board is also the chair at the meetings of the Foundation Board.
Members of the Foundation Board:
- Frits Bart (AEGON Nederland)
- Klaartje de Boer / Hedda Renooij (Stichting van de Arbeid, by rotation)
- Peter Borgdorff (PGGM)
- Frank den Butter (VU University Amsterdam)
- Benedict Dellaert (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Jochem Dijckmeester (Pensioenfonds PGB)
- Paul Elenbaas (Nationale-Nederlanden)
- Peter Gortzak (APG Groep)
- Kees Goudswaard (Leiden University)
- Johan de Groot (AFM)
- Paul Hilbers (DNB)
- Corjo Jansen (Radboud University)
- Ruud Koning (Groningen University)
- Coen van de Louw (SVB)
- Stefan Lundbergh (Cardano Risk Management)
- Bart Oldenkamp (Robeco)
- Janneke Plantenga (Utrecht University School of Economics)
- Fleur Rieter (a.s.r.)
- Peter Schotman (Maastricht University)
- Tom van der Spek (Achmea)
- Michel Vellekoop (University of Amsterdam)
- Ton van Welie (Ortec Finance)
- Ton Wilthagen (Tilburg University)
The Supervisory Board oversees the general state of affairs at Netspar, with a particular focus on how the Board executes the Action Plan. The Supervisory Board also approves the long-range plan, the budget, and the annual accounts.
Chair: Job Swank (DNB)
- Guusje Dolsma (Labor Foundation)
- Tuur Elzinga (Labor Foundation)
- Lex Meijdam (TiU)
- Gerard van Olphen (APG Amsterdam)
- 2 vacancies
Four of the seats on the Supervisory Board are appointed by the Foundation Board. Of the remaining seats, two are appointed by the Labor Foundation and one is appointed by Tilburg University. The task of the Supervisory Board and profile for the chairman and members of the Supervisory Board can be found here (only available in Dutch).
The Board of the Netspar Foundation consists of Casper van Ewijk.
The director of the Netspar Foundation is, in that capacity, also General Director of the Netspar Center, part of Tilburg University.