In 2012, the network was organized as a foundation. Activities at Netspar are carried out by the Netspar Center, an operating unit of Tilburg University.
All of the network partners (from the pension industry, government, and academic institutions) have a seat on the Foundation Board. Each partner gets a vote. The Dutch Ministry of Social Affairs acts as an observer on the Foundation Board (without a vote).
The Foundation Board appoints seven of the members of the Supervisory Board and advises and monitors various divisions of the Netspar Foundation. Starting in 2016, the Supervisory Board will ask the advice of the Foundation Board before approving the budget.
The chair of the Supervisory Board is also the chair at the meetings of the Foundation Board.
Members of the Foundation Board:
- Rob Alessie (University of Groningen)
- Frits Bart (TKP Pensioen)
- Benedict Dellaert (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Pauline Derkman-Oosterom (a.s.r.)
- Jochem Dijckmeester (Pensioenfonds PGB)
- Wilco van Dijk (Leiden University)
- Peter Gortzak (APG Groep)
- Johan de Groot (AFM)
- Klaartje de Boer / Jurre de Haan (Stichting van de Arbeid, by rotation)
- Wolter Hassink (Utrecht University)
- Coen van de Louw (SVB)
- Erik Lutjens (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- René Maatman (Radboud University)
- Jeroen de Munnik (PGGM)
- Bart Oldenkamp (Rail & OV)
- Cindy van Oorschot (DNB)
- Peter Schotman (Maastricht University)
- Tom van der Spek (Achmea)
- Terry Troost (PMT)
- Michel Vellekoop (University of Amsterdam)
- Annemieke Visser-Brons (Nationale-Nederlanden)
- Martijn Vos (Ortec Finance)
- Ton Wilthagen (Tilburg University)
The Supervisory Board oversees the general state of affairs at Netspar, with a particular focus on how the Board executes the Action Plan. The Supervisory Board also approves the long-range plan, the budget, and the annual accounts.
Chair: Wouter Bos (Invest.nl)
- Inge van den Doel (PMT)
- Guusje Dolsma (Labor Foundation)
- Laura van Geest (AFM)
- Lex Meijdam (Tilburg University)
- Annette Mosman (APG Amsterdam)
- Willem Noordman (FNV)
- Bianca Tetteroo (Achmea)
Four of the seats on the Supervisory Board are appointed by the Foundation Board. Of the remaining seats, two are appointed by the Labor Foundation and one is appointed by Tilburg University. The task of the Supervisory Board and profile for the chairman and members of the Supervisory Board can be found here (only available in Dutch).
The Board of the Netspar Foundation consists of Marike Knoef.
The director of the Netspar Foundation is, in that capacity, also General Director of the Netspar Center, part of Tilburg University.